Followers

Thursday, 30 June 2011

Shabby Chic...

...Friendship.

This is the latest challenge (26) over at the Wild Orchid Challenge blog - why don't you hop on over there - you'll find some super creations.

EDT: At Dan's suggestion I am also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge "Show a Word!" - they have some fab work over there too so why not go and have a look at all the fab ideas on display.
The card that I have made is 6" sq white CS with the edges heavily inked with a Frayed Burlap Distressed ink pad. A 5.75" sq of Hunkydory vintage stripe PP was inked and layered onto the card. A piece of white mesh lace and some brown satin dot ribbon have been attached to the left-hand side of the card. Then over the top of these I attached a cotton doily with a crochet edge - I rubbed the whole thing with the Frayed Burlap pad to give it a 'grubby' aged look.
I decided to just go with a sentiment rather than an image on the card - this was also from Hunkdory.
The floral embellishments are a mix of blooms from Wild Orchid crafts, PaperMania, Hobbycraft and the 99p Store (I inked the roses with Frayed Burlap too). I added some fir branches that I had punched out from beige dotted bazzill using a Martha Stewart punch and a couple of pearl stick-pins finish it off.

I hope this meets the requirements of both the challenges............................

13 comments:

The Crafty Elf said...

I really love all the detail you add to all your projects. The different materials you use blows my mind. I think I need to kick it up a notch and move on from just paper. The possibilities are endless from what I see. I also want to thank you for sharing your something old, something new story with me, it touched my heart to hear your story! Especially something as special as your wedding day. Thank you!

Winnie said...

Ooh, this is lovely! So vintage looking!

Scrappy~Sarah said...

gorgeous, that doily really adds to the card

Kim Dellow said...

Wow! To all that lovely texture Toni! Gorgeous!
I had a Sindy too coz I didn't like the Barbies! :)
Have a fab Friday!
Kx

Claireliz said...

That is gorgeous, really lovely Toni.
C
xx

Dan said...

Lovely card Toni! You should enter this in this weeks Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge, the theme is "a word", so "Friendship" would work perfectly!

Kazy1 said...

This is such an amazing textured card. very impressive! and I love the sentiment too. karen

Sue said...

Yummy Card.. Love that doily..did you make it?

vixen said...

Fantastic card such lovely detail :)

Ruthie said...

Wowza - its just stunning - so much in it

Rx

Dolly Daydreams said...

This is truly amazing such gorgeous details and so perfectly crafted, love everything about it.

Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

Stunning Toni!!!!!! A true work of art!
hugs Lynn

Lori said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the vintage look of the doily and the flowers, very pretty colors! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!