Followers

Monday, 11 July 2011

My first...

...LOTV (Lili of the Valley) image.

This is my very first go at colouring a LOTV image because I've only just acquired some. I have drooled over some of the wonderful card creations that I've seen on various blogs and added several to my 'wish-list' but until last week I didn't actually have any - I do now...yipeeeeeeeeee!!!

To celebrate I thought I'd have a go at the latest challenge over on the "LOTV Challenge" blog (challenge 104) which just happens to be a sketch. As I was going to add blooms I decide to double this up for the current "Wild Orchid Crafts" challenge 27 which requires the card to be 'tent style' and this is the result...
The base card was cut from pink scalloped CS (PaperMania card stack) and folded to create the tent base. The PP panels were cut from the Henbury Lane paper pack. The edges of everything were inked with Dusty Concord - Ranger Distressed ink pad.
My image was coloured using Copic pens and then I die cut it using my new X-cut circle dies. I matted this onto a piece of pearlised pink paper that I cut with my X-cut scalloped circle dies. The corner of the card was then decorated with a selection of blooms from Wild Orchid, Local craft retailer and the 99p store. Two punched holes at the top of the card - threaded with white organza ribbon holds the top of the 'tent' together.
This shot shows that this is in fact a tent style card.

So I'm entering this in both challenges. Why don't you pay a visit to the challenge sites as I'm sure you'll find lots to inspire you......................

10 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Woooow! You are rocking those challenges girlie!
Mega cute image, your colouring abilities are absolutely pro level.

Sue said...

Beautiful!! I finally acquired some copic pens at the weekend and can't wait to play. i LOVE LOTV stamps ..you will be "hooked"

Fifi-T said...

lovely colouring - I wish I could colour better

The Crafty Elf said...

I love LOTV stamps too! I think I actually have a couple stamps that I haven't used yet. I've not made a tent style card before I must give it a try, it's so neat! Great card Toni and your colouring is fantastic. I was laughing when reading about you not sharing your colouring books. Too funny!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
thanks to visit my blog....

Hugs
Judith

Pops x said...

HI sweetie, this is gorgeous i love the colours that you have chosen, thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley and Wild Orchid Craft's this week, hugs Pops x x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Toni and fab papers. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairex

Virginia said...

Wow Toni this is gorgeous the card looks amazing!

Daisychain said...

A gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this week, hope to see you next time. Good Luck! Hugs Christine x

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! This is adorable! I love that stamp.
Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Tent Card Challnege.

Hugs, Mindy