Followers

Thursday 15 March 2007

Photos...

...I need more photos - on this blog I mean, and on numerous scrap LOs that still need to be finished.

Looking at the carrier bags/boxes/folders that inhabit just about any spare cupboard space in this house you could be forgiven for thinking "she has finally lost it". But come on, you must know what I mean...

That new range of fab 12x12 that you just MUST have or the latest crop project that is simply 'to die for'. Then the hunt begins...you're sure you have a pic of ***enter subject as appropriate***that will be just right! but can you find it...of course you can't, what were you thinking, THAT perfect piccy has been snatched away by the goblins. So what happens, the LO gets done and stored safely whilst the hunt goes on...

I really am speaking from experience here (lol) last year I was browsing the family photo collection - as one does from time to time - and I came across a collection of pics of my super "Inspector Morse" jag *Toni sighs as the memories come flooding back* It had taken us so long to find a suitable specimen that DH went mad with the David Bailey bit - there were pics taken from just about every angle possible, in the boot, under the spare wheel, if you can think of a part of a car I'm sure DH had a pic of it :o) Looking at the pics I really wanted to do a LO but couldn't find anything suitable in my stash (common problem, heh???) so I put the pics to one side with a view to adding to said stash at the earliest possible opportunity...

Less than a week later, Nicola posted the next crop project - perfect! Colours were just right to show off the pale metalic blue of my motor, no probs, a project that I would be able to finish on the night...ugh, ahhhhhhh. Don't be silly, we had workmen in that weekend, we had packed things away for safe keeping (???) said pics are still on the missing list and another LO sits in my "to be completed" album.

So as I was saying, I need more photos.

I have mentioned before that my 35mm has finally given up the ghost so I have been making the most of the BOGOFs from Boots (their own brand single use cameras are fine for close pics but pretty useless for distance work :o( grumble, mumble, hurumf) not only do you get 2 cameras for the price of one but you get extra points when you get them developed---developed---that's the problem!!!! I don't get the time to call at my local Boots very often and I currently have 5 (YES!! I did say FIVE) lots of pics to be processed...

Whilst we were away the other weekend, visiting the boat, DH asked why I was using "one of those crappy little things when there was a digital camera and some very expensive 35mm equipment sitting at home" - it's amazing what one finds out, too late to be of any use, of course...

DH had done the 'camera thing' many years ago and I thought that he had sold it all when he moved on to the...was it - golf?, sailing? sky-diving? - one of those, I'm sure. And as for a digital camera...the only time that has been available for my use it has been missing one or two bits of vital equipment, namely - battery and/or memory card, doh!

Mobile phones with camera facility are great, up to a point, but I need to get to grips with the process of getting the pic from the phone to the PC (DH did it in a flash but didn't explain just HOW he did it, ummmmmm) something to do with SIM cards and a little USB box thingy attached to PC.

Well, whilst I try and sort some pics out I'll leave you with a pic of a piece of equipment that I will not be using...

...I just wouldn't be able to fit it in my scraptote...................he,he,:o)

No comments: