Followers

Friday 27 July 2007

Yes, I'm reading it...

...the last Harry Potter.

I went for the 'grown-up' cover - not because I didn't want to be seen with the childrens version - I just liked this cover better...

I didn't queue anywhere to get my copy I just called into Mum's local Sainsburys on Saturday morning and 'bagged' a copy at less than half-price without the hassle of having to spend "x" amount in store as was the case with many retailers.

I am currently up to page 447 so should have it finished by the end of the weekend, if not sooner :o)

I can't remember what it was that got me to read the first of the 'Potter' books but I convinced my niece that it wasn't just a story for boys (she was just starting a new senior school at the time and J.K.Rowling was one of the authors they were covering in English) and ever since it has been a challenge to see who got the next book first, who finished it first and who has seen the films, LOL.

The world of magic has always been something our family have found of interest - I remember reading 'The Faraway Tree' and the 'Narnia' cronicles (amongst others) as a child and being totally drawn into the make-believe worlds created by the authors. Perhaps the 'Potter' books have reminded me of the fun that books can create and whilst they may have been aimed at children the style and content easily capture the adult imagination too...

I won't spoil things for anyone who has yet to read the book or hasn't reach as far as I have. All I will say is...ENJOY!!!...

No comments: