Followers

Wednesday 23 October 2013

The Big Knit...

...will be receiving this collection of hats.

When my 'Boss' issued the challenge last week to all the knitters in her command - I came home and knitted a hat just to get an idea of how long it would take. By the following morning I had completed four.

Staying overnight in a Travelodge for work last week saw me knitting away at 4am (well, what else is a person supposed to do when they can't sleep ?).

Things did slow down a little as the chilly damp weather started to play havoc with the old 'arfa-ri-tis' but by Saturday I had this little lot...
 ...I had hoped to do some more but my fingers and wrists are objecting quite strongly.
Still, I don't think this was too bad an effort...
...a glittery one and some stripy ones...
 ...a pink beanie...
...one with some eyelet lace going on...
 ...a selection with loops & pom-poms on top...
...one sporting some buttons...
...another with a pom-pom and one with a striped crown.

So this little lot will be winging their way off to the Innocent smoothie folk to help raise money for Age UK. Remember, for every bottle with a hat that is sold during November, Innocent will donate 25p towards helping to keep older folk warm this Winter.

If you are a knitter, there is still time for you to get those needles clicking - the deadline for receiving the hats has been extended...you have until 31 October to get your completed hats to the Innocent smoothie folk.

Go on, give it a go...................................................................


6 comments:

gillyb's crafting blog said...

oh congratulations for your 'knit' I wanted to do it and then completely forgot about it and it has to be done by 31st now so not really any time.]

WELL DONE.

Lynn Stevens said...


i have to say those are the best dressed drinks I've ever seen, LO
darling hats. Hope your hands are feeling better
hugs Lynn

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

~~healing vibes~~ Cute hats!

Sandra said...

Oh well done, they look great

Katherine said...

Wow - that's loads and what a super idea :)

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a good cause and what charming hats! I need to learn to knit!