Followers

Monday 29 February 2016

Make & Takes...

...for a good cause.

On Saturday I visited Barleylands as usual and as it was Farmers Market day, I treated myself to some lovely muffins (large cupcakes). I have to say, they didn't last long enough to be photographed LOL.

There were some additions to the Groovi Plate range in Pinnacle Crafts so of course these just 'jumped' into my basket. I am enjoying this form of Parchment craft but will never be very good at all the fancy parching...still, it suits me.

Since the café was taken over by the "Tiptree" folk it has been very nice and the variety of jams, chutneys and sauces available to purchase is an added bonus.

I was heading home when I remembered that Craft Plus were holding a Marie Curie "Make & Take" event so a quick diversion was in order.

For the price of £3 you could choose one of a very large choice of cards to make and you could have a cuppa & a cake too.

I picked this BeBunny image...
...and spent some "me" time just colouring and putting together this card. I wasn't overly pleased with the way the 'daff' turned out but there were only limited Promarker colours available. I was happier with the bunny...
...because although there was only one grey available, there was a blender pen and I was able to layer the colour and then shade a bit using the blender.

The Make & Take was very busy and there was a super selection of yummy cakes to choose from.

I only had a limited amount of time so I paid for a second card but brought it home to do - I'll show you that one another day.................................................................

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Awww how cute. love the colours too xx

Sue Jones said...

That is adorable.

Chidkid said...

Sweet..I make take a trip to Essex one day to check out Barleylands myself!

Lori said...

How fun - your card is adorable and how nice to take a moment to enjoy yourself and get a cuppa and cake too!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a cute Spring card

Virginia said...

Oh sounds like a perfect day to me and love the card Toni - very apt for today being the 1 March (although have I feeling you posted this on Leap day LOL).

My Little World said...

Lovely card, the image is so cute. I was also at Barleylands on Saturday, no cakes for us though, just some Indian spices and a few bits from Pinnacle.