Followers

Friday 27 June 2008

Time to choose...

...a new car.

Mum is entitled to a vehicle under the Motability scheme but can no longer drive due to the stage of her MS, this means I am officially her driver.

We have had three estates so far on this scheme - 9 years, doesn't time fly - and now it is time to go and arrange for a new one.

It will probably be blue, in some shade or other, as this is Mum's favourite colour but this time I am considering whether we should go for a diesel or not - a lot will depend on what is available under the current scheme. I think we are going to need to sort out about some sort of hoist too. Mum has a mini scooter which is so much easier for her when we go out cos it means she still has her independance and can potter about as she wants - it also means I don't have to push her round in her wheelchair as she is becoming more of a deadweight to push. Unfortunately, the scooter needs two people to lift it into the car and Mum can no longer do this - hense the need for a hoist.

I'm sure I'll be back on here tomorrow evening to tell you all about what we have chosen.............

2 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Not sure deisel would be my first choice - the price of the stuff!! Hope you get a nice new blue car sorted Toni!! :)

Charlol said...

sounds intriguing. Hope you are able to chose a car that is helpful and has all you need. I tell you we had a few people on the first Aid course who also looked very very pale at some of the photos. I keep thinking 'never let me come across something like that!'