Followers

Thursday 1 January 2009

Welcome...

...to 2009.

The day has dawned cold, dull and very overcast so not a great start to the New Year.

I sat and watched the fireworks at the London Eye on TV at midnight and have to say they were fantastic. Meanwhile, fireworks here were very lack-lustre compared with previous years and didn't last very long (looks like the credit crunch may have taken hold on this part of the celebrations).

Although my decorations stay up until 12th night I have consigned my cyber tree to the cupboard under the stairs - well - actually, moved it to the bottom of the stack over on the right so it can merrily count down until our next festive season LOL

Most of the family still have this horrid flu/cold bug that won't shift so I don't think I'll be going anywhere today - will probably curl up in front of the TV in the warm or break into my new stash and do a bit of crafting...will see how I feel.

So 2009 is here, have a good one folks.................

1 comment:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Unusually cold here too. Even so, dh and the kids had a dip in the pool. :D Starting 2009 with a splash. Lol.