Followers

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year Everyone...

...will 2013 live up to the standard set by 2012?
2012 certainly flew by and not surprisingly...there was just sooooooooooo much going on. Diamond Jubilee, Olympics, Paralympics - just to name a few.

Did you all see the New Year in or were you tucked up in bed?

I stayed up and took loads of photos (thank you BBC for the fabulous vantage point)...I finally worked out how to turn the flash off on my camera (don't laugh - I've only had this one about 6 months LOL)



These were just a few of the shots I managed to grab.

Well after a drizzly 31 December daytime - Mother Nature played fair and the end of the day/year was cold but dry and from the scenes on the TV, everyone in London had a fabulous time. The fireworks were amazing...oh how we have improved since that very damp squib of a display for the Millenium...and I had thoroughly enjoyed an evening of watching Robbie Williams & NCIS (strange mix - but hey!).

2013 has started off very bright but oh so very cold where I am but then you can wrap-up against the cold - damp weather isn't so easy to deal with as it seems to get into everything.

I hope you all have enjoyed Christmas and the end to 2012 (no heavy heads - I hope) and I look forward to hopping around Blogland and seeing what you all come up with during this coming year - Have a Great 2013.................................

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Happy New Year Toni - we stayed up, went to my sisters, my brother let the New Year in, we had a tipple of champagne then headed home and sat up chatting til - 3 - very tired now! I hope 2013 is a fantastic year for you!

Hugs

Claire said...

Happy New Year Toni, great idea photographing the fireworks on TV, wish I'd thought of that.
C xx