Followers

Sunday 11 August 2013

Not a lot of crafting but...

...take a look at the tidying!!!

First up, you might have noticed that my expedit-type unit has multiplied. It was too good an opportunity and I knew if I didn't get them now, I would never really make a start. So Saturday morning saw me zooming over to Lidl's at Hadleigh, batting my eyelids at one of the lads in store who had one of those pallet-wheelie thingies and with his kind assistance got 3 more units loaded into the car. Mind you, unloading was 'fun' - there's never a fella around when there are steps involved LOL

I decided that the place to put them was along the end wall of the lounge...
...and they fit perfectly. There is even enough room to easily access the plug-sockets at that end of the room (which are not the most conveniently placed).
There will be a lot of 'tweaking' over coming days but I've got a basic arrangement on the go whilst I sort out my stash...
...I've even allowed space either end of the run for my salt-crystal lamps...
 ...I only photographed this one as the other needs a new bulb.
The plastic 12x12 paper trays that I got from Artbase when it closed its b&m location have finally come into use after sitting in the dining-room for "how many years!!!"...
 ...as you can see, the spaces in the units will take 6 trays comfortably. Oh, and a place at last for my Ultimate Pro - instead of it being buried under two-ton of stash.

Things that I use on a regular basis such as embellies, dies, punches etc. will live in the boxes along the top - easy to just lift the lids and grab what I need. The remaining 4 boxes will be stacked - probably with a stack of the remaining paper trays.
Everywhere is a mess at the moment but as you can see...I've made a start. This space is better suited for this purpose than the room upstairs as my PC & broadband are downstairs and I can have the TV on in the background. I should also have space for a friend to come over and craft once it is all sorted - there isn't space for that upstairs.

So as I said, it's getting there......................................................

12 comments:

Virginia said...

Toni it's looking fabulous and will mean you can craft as often as you like win win, I've long been a fan of having craft stuff in the main living area - means you don't have to take yourself off to craft somewhere else! I have sorting my cupboards out high on my list of priorities this week as I slowly make my way through the house!

Suzy said...

Well done Toni, those unts look fab. You are getting there now

Weasel said...

Wow! and fan-bleedin'-tastic! Those units look fab, absolutely perfect and the shelves fitting in is just too good for words! Well done you!

My not so simple life said...

looks amazing! very jealous

The-Butterfly said...

Looking good! Loads of storage! Good luck with the rest!

Claire said...

Oh my this looks fab Toni.
C xx

susibee said...

Wow, it's all looking great - I love those units.

Julia Dunnit said...

gosh oh golly, look at you all organised and planning. well done. alarming how much you've got and havent got round to using? definitely one of the things that holds me back from doing this. That, and I'm a lazy cow.

Sandra said...

Sorting and organising makes us crafters happy

voodoo vixen said...

Looking fabulous Toni! Love those units, they work a treat and have given you loads of storage and top space!

Chidkid said...

Whoa Toni... Seriously impressive stuff!

Chidkid said...

Whoa Toni... Seriously impressive stuff!