Followers

Saturday 23 August 2014

As we head towards...

...the end of August - there is already a chilly feel to mornings.

Autumn seems to be arriving early here in the UK.

Many folk are getting their children ready to return to school after the Summer break and there are lots of crafters out there who are already in full "Christmas" mode (sorry Suzie, had to use the "C" word). However, there is another event that is only just over two months away - Halloween.

Now here in the UK we don't seem to celebrate this event to the same extent as our friends across The Pond but it has become more popular in recent years and whilst our British 'stiff upper lip' might frown on the knocking on doors 'trick or treating' part of the of the occasion, many folk now have Halloween parties...and not just for the kiddies - grown-ups (???) are having fun dressing up and attending themed parties.

Parties take a fair bit of organising when there are costumes and decorations to sort out so I thought I would show you a quick treat bag that can be used for kiddies and grown-ups alike.

Using my WRMK gift bag score/punch board I made a simple bag from a sheet of white A4 CS...
 ...I kept everything B/W for simplicity...
 ...the lovely image is from Nicecrane Designs (as is the bat) and is just one of a fabulous selection of pre-coloured or B/W images that Ignacio has available on site.
Oh, and if you are wondering what to put in the bags...
...Loom bands are just the right bit of fun for the occasion as they come in some super Halloween-type colours and many glow in the dark.
So why don't you make a start now...
...and that will be something that you can tick off the list ready for your spooky event.

The Nicecrane site has been down for updating but is now open again and there are lots of new items so do hop over and take a look here and whilst you are at it...pay a visit to the Nicecrane blog to see all the super things that the DT have been making..............................................................................

7 comments:

Nicecrane Designs said...

Woww woww wowww,,,,Toni,,,,,so cute and sweet and fun gift bag,,,,,and all over I love these Loom bands,,,,,, wowww,,,,,,,,,You are soooo creative my friend,,,,,,

Redanne said...

I am sitting making loom bands with my GD, who is 6 - she is very good at getting me to do all the work! I love that little girl image, she reminds me of someone not too far away...... Anne x

Chidkid said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing.

aussie aNNie said...

Toni this is adorable, love Nicecrane images too....very creative gift bag.xxThe Journey is the Start

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Such a cute image and lovely bag

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

great stuff! now then, if you can direct me to an easy tutorial (or do you fancy doing one?!) on how to make the broad bracelets I would really appreciate. I dont like you tube tutorials, I prefer photos to follow with instructions written down if that makes sense! I can't find a good one anywhere and the instructions which came with our loom are rubbish!!! And I am pretty good with things like this and I just can't work it out! If you know of one, leave a message on my blog for me!!! jxx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I´ve started seeing the X days for Christmas signs! :)