Followers

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Where do you...

...craft?

We crafters utilise a wide variety of locations in order to carry out our crafting. Some have a dedicated craft space such as a room or shed, others take ownership of whatever space they can - dining tables, breakfast bars, the spare bed. If you can think of it, there is probably a crafter who is crafting there...

Over at the Stamping Ground, the lovely Julia has been encouraging crafters to 'share' their work space with Blogland every Wednesday for the last 6 years. Folk link-up each week to show in an event that is called "What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday".

However, there are other events around cyber-space too. One of these can be found over at "My Desert Cottage". It is an annual event held at this time of year in which a group of crafters open their craft spaces to the eyes of Blogland so that we can get ideas for creating our own spaces or just to sit and drool LOL

Although I have a table at the end of my lounge with a variety of storage, I still tend to use my computer desk in the study far more (probably because the table can't be seen for all the stash that is stacked there)...
...and surprisingly, this area is fairly tidy as I have been doing quite a bit of colouring lately and most of that has been done on my lap whilst sitting on the sofa.
The study is a nice space to use as it is where the PC is...
...but there isn't much of a view from the window - all you can see is the boundary fence and the side of next door neighbour's house which consists of a blank brick wall. It does have the advantage of being directly opposite the kitchen so it isn't too far to trip for an endless supply of coffee.

One of these days I might even get my craft area of the lounge sorted but to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you..........................................................................................

2 comments:

Virginia said...

It doesn't matter where you craft provided you craft in my book, I'm wanting to make some big changes to my TV room but it will stop me crafting for a bit and I don't know if I can 'cope' with that! So at the minute I'm just in the 'thinking about it' stage!

Lori said...

Loved seeing your space...can't share mine - WAY TOO MESSY!