Followers

Wednesday 18 May 2016

What topsy turvey weather...

...we are having lately.

It makes it so difficult to know how to dress when the Weather Folk are getting it so wrong all the time. It is also very off putting to be told all week that the weather is going to turn bad only to have the forecast change right at the last minute or for it to come as a surprise to the 'experts' that what they predicted didn't happen - The week before May Day Bank Holiday weekend was a prime example. The so called experts forecast "snow" on what turned out to be the hottest day so far at that point of the year.

So you can imagine my problem on Monday, the forecast wasn't good but it turned out to be a glorious day.

I had to attend a meeting at Canary Wharf and I wasn't exactly sure where I was going but I had my map and printed instructions and it turned out to be a very pleasant walk. On the way I came across this...
...I'm not exactly sure what it is supposed to represent but it looked quite impressive in the middle of the road. This pretty flower bed and statue were part of the gardens at Westferry Circus...
 ...the flowers were fabulous...
...and there were quite a few folk sitting out in the sunshine. This was the view looking back the way I had just come...
 ...the heat was causing a haze around some of the taller buildings. Back at the entrance to the gardens was a monument type pillar either side of the walkway...
 ...the tree-lined West India Road looked lovely in the sun and the haze couldn't diminish the view of the main tower block at Canary Wharf...
...I could have quite happily spent the day sitting in the gardens but unfortunately, I had a meeting to attend. I did get some more photos on my walk back to the station but I'll save those for tomorrow.............................................................

1 comment:

Redanne said...

I certainly agree about the weather although they did get it right today - it's raining cats and dogs here! Your photos are wonderful Toni, brought back some memories of my days working in the City... xx