Followers

Friday 24 August 2007

Another first...

...something I wrote is in a magazine :o)

Quite some time ago I posted an item about a grotty journey home - poor transport, bad weather - all the usual elements than meant I needed to let off steam. So I blogged...

A while later I received an email from Chrissie Willicombe (Life is Scrap) asking if I would mind if she 'sampled' some of the text for an article she was doing on journaling.

This morning I collected the latest issue of Scrapbook Inspirations from the newsagent and there it was...my name, my writing - IN PRINT - WOW!!!!

Chrissie had said that the article was due in the September issue so I couldn't even wait to get home from the shops. As soon as I was in the car I had the wrapping off and was thumbing through the mag...and there it was............

As I sat reading through the piece about "Journaling with Doughnuts" I came to the bit about the third layer-Dough journaling. As my words sprang up from the page I was so touched that someone had thought my words worth repeating (I admit - there were a few tears).

Words really are powerful. Just that small snip of my original post had me remembering the grotty weather, the horrid journey, the disappointment of the crop being cancelled, and CHIPS!

Just thinking about those words made me realise that journaling really does make a difference to scrapbooking LOs. It seems so much easier to write here on the blog but I really must make the effort to journal on my LOs in a way that conveys what the pictures mean to me.

Thank you Chrissie...jam doughnuts will hold a whole new meaning from now on..........

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

No problem :D It was a BEE-utiful piece of writing (which I said at the time) and said exactly what I was trying to convey. So thank YOU!