Followers

Sunday 7 March 2010

Stitches...

...and Creative Crafting.

In February I went with a friend to this craft show at the Excel Centre in East London. It is the first time I've been to Excel and I wasn't sure what to expect.

The show was smaller than I expected but as it was my first visit I had nothing to compare to...so I don't know if this year was any different to previous years.

I can't say I was impressed by some of the prices being charged but it was nice to see lots of stands actually demoing their goods - something that seems to be a bit of a rarity these days.

There were lots of classes available to attend and make & take sessions - if I decide to go next year I may just take advantage of the classes...they seemed to be great value for money. As it was, I only managed to attend two classes. Both classes were by Stephanie Weightman (Ideal World/Create & Craft/My Craft Studio) and I enjoyed them both AND I learnt a new technique for cutting straight lines just using a craft knife...no ruler!!!

The class I did in the afternoon was a card using stamps/acetate and watercolour pencils.
The card was created to give the effect of a framed watercolour picture.
Because of the colours and the subject matter, I altered the card slightly when I got home and made it into Mum's birthday card. She loved it.................

No comments: