Followers

Sunday 11 July 2010

Playing catch-up...

...craftwise, that is.

This year is flying by - can you believe we are well into July already, I can't. But the evidence is all around us...Christmas in July & Countdown to Christmas have already arrived on the crafting channels so it must be so.

I even attended my first Christmas card making workshop of the year this week which made me realise that I hadn't posted any details of items I made at the last workshop, so here goes...
Another four very pretty cards from ideas created by Dawn; a boxed view into the garden, an exploding card, a pop-up card and a wallet style flap card.

The boxed card is lovely and is so very summery with its sunflowers and honey bees. I'm not sure of the actual name of this style of card but by pulling the card flat using the tabs either side the doors/windows open and you get a better view of the garden inside. I have to say that I am very lucky to still have the complete door/window frame as the knife did slip a few times LOL
The flap and pop-up cards were quick and easy to make and they could be adapted for any occasion. However, my favourite card of the workshop has to be the exploding card. The pastel green and white colour scheme looks so delicate and then you open the card to a surprise...
The folding of the fan inside the card took a bit of fiddling around with but I think it was well worth the effort and once decorated with the spiral and the embellies the final card is just lovely.

My biggest problem with Dawn's workshops is that I never want to give any of the cards away, so, as you can imagine I have a growing collection................

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Wow, love those cards! I like the exploding card too - very different.

lucy&digey said...

That exploding card is GORGEOUS! Almost inspires me to take up card making. Almost......