Followers

Saturday 6 November 2010

Lucky me...

...I attended two classes this week.

On Wednesday I attended a calendar making class at Pinnacles (couple of hours) and came away with a completed hanging calendar and a card - the format has given me some ideas so I'm currently putting together my own take on this.

Today was a full day of Tim Holtz style playing with an 'Andy' twist. Fab, fab day and veeeeeeeeeeeeeery messy LOL

We made grunge paper poinsettia flowers, coloured them with Adirondack inks and blinged them up a bit with embossing and the new gold Flower soft. Cut loads of 'tattered leaves' out of Bazzill bling and distressed them a bit with ink - then made the whole thing into a Christmas wreath.

We also got to have a play along the lines of "Tim's"...12 Tags of Christmas. We got to play with tags so that we could see the effects that embossing, inking and distressing can have on PP & CS as well as acetate.

A very busy day today - and as promised, very messy but I went prepared with my apron & gloves.

Hopefully the light will be fine tomorrow to take pics of the projects as they are but the wreath and tags are a work in progress and I'll have to come back at a later point with the finished goods.

Another class next Wednesday - Fantasy Film - we warned Andy that we weren't going to be doing his ironing (crafters don't "do" ironing, now do they - be honest LOL) so he shouldn't even go there......................

1 comment:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

You are always learning such cool techniques! Looking forward to the pictures. :)