Followers

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Oh dear...

...as if I didn't have enough yarn already.

I just couldn't resist.

I actually went in to buy a couple more balls of the green yarn but they are currently out of stock - then this caught my eye...
 ...so a ball or SIX came home with me. Six balls makes a nice size throw and I didn't want to be hanging around for more stock to arrive if this colourway also proved to be very popular.

The lavender throw is completed...
...and the way the variegation worked-up is so pretty. I was also able to join the balls in, keeping the colours following correctly by just checking each of the balls as I needed them - some I used from the middle & some from the outside...but it worked.

Here is the throw on the chair by my PC, sorry the light isn't very good at this time of day (the Sun is on the other side of the house)...
...but I think you can see how the colour shading has worked. With the yarn being intended for babies, it is lovely and soft and great for snuggling under.

I hope they get more of the green is soon. In the meantime I think I've got plenty to keep me busy............................................................

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Goodness Toni, you are a fast worker! The lavender throw is gorgeous and I don't blame you for getting more yarn, you just never know when it might come in handy.... lol. Hugs, Anne xx

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! absolutely gorgeous. i so miss my crocheting AND my cross stitching but my fingers just won't work with those needles anymore. yet my cardmaking doesn't bother me at all - go figure! i would be devestated if that time ever got here. then what would i do?

thank you for all your visits and your comments. you always make me smile.

hope your week is fabulous and your easter is BLESSED!

hugs :)

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty colours, clever you.xxx {aNNie}

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

That is beautiful. I wish i could crochet.

Desire Fourie said...

Wow this is so beautiful. Love the variegated colouring. I might just copy you xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Sue Jones said...

thats SO pretty! I think it is quite addictive when you get started and you can watch TV at the same time :)

Scrapthology said...

Beautiful work, I love a blanket.

Chidkid said...

That throw is beautiful! I wish I could do something other than cut and stick..but both sewing and crocheting elude me! Great job.

Sandra said...

Oh Toni that's beautiful

Anonymous said...

Your throw is beautiful. I love the variegated colours. x