Followers

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Having a...

...bit of a play.

I found some stamped sheets that I'd done last year when I bought some of the "Betty Boots" stamps at Pinnacle Crafts. So I grabbed my ZIG 'Clean Color' pens and headed out to Barleylands on Sunday morning to make the most of the sunshine.

The pens are water-based and I haven't had much of a chance to play with them.

Here are the two colour versions that I completed...

...I think the "hair" on the second one needed more highlights but I picked a slightly darker base colour than I had intended.

I do love the very fine brush nib on these pens as you can really get into the detail of an image but I still struggle with skin-tones using water-based pens. Give me my alcohol-based Copics and I'm away but with the water-based pens I never feel that it is quite right.

Oh well, they say practice makes perfect so that is the perfect excuse to spend more time colouring LOL..........................................................

2 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful display and stunning colours. xx {aNNie}

Virginia said...

Oh they are gorgeous and don't they look different in the different colours!