Followers

Thursday 25 August 2016

Knit and...

...natter.

If there is one thing that my current fundraising for the RNLI has highlighted, it is that we have a lot of skilled folk in our office.

I wondered if anyone would be interested in joining a "Knit & Natter" club and the response has been fabulous. I have had interest from folk who are very skilled with a pair of needles to those who would like to learn. Some folk have also expressed an interest in trying other crafts so there is scope for this to expand.

I have said that folk can bring along whatever they are currently making or they can knit some squares...
 ...this would give us the opportunity to make some blankets...
 ...after all, garter stitch is fairly quick and easy and even the newbies would be able to contribute...
...I have also had offers from some of the more experienced knitters who have said they are willing to teach anyone who wants to learn.

So it looks like it is all systems go.

I'll let you know how things go once we've had our first get together. Now I'd better go sort out a date, time and a venue......................................................................

3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well done you sounds like a fun and productive time planned

Virginia said...

Oh Toni that sounds fabulous - I'm sure there will be some fantastic creations and sharing skills is brilliant!

Chidkid said...

Well done!! Great inspiration. I wish I was close enough to come and learn.