Followers

Tuesday 11 April 2017

Sunny days...

...chilly nights.

We have been really lucky the last couple of weeks. The weather has been very kind.

It seems quite strange seeing folk out & about in t-shirts & shorts during March/April.

Mornings have been quite chilly and often foggy and yes, we have had the odd spot of quite heavy rain...but on the whole things have been rather lovely. Lovely enough to switch the heating off.

However, later evening time I have been tempted to put it back on a couple of times but this is where my current crochet project has been a boon.

Using a variegated yarn in shades of blue with a hint of lemon, I have been making a throw for my bed...
 ...and as you can see, it currently covers the top of the double bed...
 ...but needs to be a bit bigger so that it hangs over the sides. The colours are really pretty...
 ...and I love the effect created by the random shading of the yarn.
This is the bundle folded...
...and I can assure you that it has quite a bit of weight to it.

With the evenings still being a bit on the cool side it is lovely to snuggle under this lovely soft blanket as I continue to crochet around the edge. No chance of feeling cold under this lot.

Today is our knit & natter group at work and the blanket will not be going with me as it is now far too big to carry easily to & fro on a commuter train. So I have a newly started blanket to take and a few little knitting items to get stuck into.

The weather tis morning is very bright but a lot cooler than it has been. Let's hope we don't get the suggested snow for Easter....................................................................

3 comments:

Redanne said...

Your throw is really beautiful, I love the colours! Anne xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely colour and looks very snuggly. We still have our heating on some evenings like tonight

Stef H said...

well you know what they say... april showers bring may flowers!.... and allergies (UGH)
rainy here too but at least it's NOT freezing!

absolutely gorgeoug throw. i should do one for my bed. i sleep so much better when i feel the weight of the blanket on me.... and comforters are way too pricey.

have a wonderful easter and a fabulous week!

hugs :)