Followers

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Fifty years...

...working for the same employer - amazing.

On Monday we celebrated the fabulous achievement of one of our colleagues - 50 years with the Department. Someone from headoffice came to make a speech and a photographer came from the staff mag to take some pics. Barrie's immediate colleagues had decorated his desk and surrounding area - he was very touched by the whole thing.

Barrie and I travel home together most evenings and he always asks what I've been making lately so I wanted to make him a card that would reflect the event...gosh it was hard trying to decide on a style & design. In the end I went for a John Byars decoupage kit that I then tweeked.


I added some hammered gold card for a bit of layering on the sentiment strip and some cream organza ribbon down the side. I resorted to gold peel-offs for the numbers as I didn't have a suitable stamp. In side I created an insert that had the edges decorated with one of my Martha Stewart 'round the page' punch sets (didn't realise the pic of the interia hadn't come out very well as I was in a rush - so sorry, no pic here). The envelope was just a great big white space so I decorated that too using Rich Cocoa Memento ink and the John Byars stamp "Kite flying".

Barrie loved the card and was showing everyone what I had made (red cheeks moment LOL). He had a lovely day. It had been arranged for his wife to be there and they went out for a meal with his 'team'.

Fifty years...gosh that is an achievement. For many it is more than a life-time.......................

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's some achievement! Great card.

Winnie said...

50 years! Wow, that's staying power. LOL I love your card - the colours are gorgeous and so is the stamp on the envelope. No wonder he liked it, definitely one to show off to everyone! :D

Julia Dunnit said...

How great to be party to an achievement like that - and these days, how marvellous that the company isn't so far removed fromit's employees that it wasn't missed. Marvellous devotion!

Rebekah said...

That is an achievement and the card is great :) x

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow 50 years with the same company, That is amazing. and such a sweet card you made him!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, They are so appreciated!
hugs Lynn

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Hiya Toni :D
Love the card :D
J xx