Followers

Sunday 12 September 2010

Help for Heros...

...concert.

We have family in the forces - my cousin's son and my niece's husband. Both have served out in Iraq for more than one tour of duty and their safety is always foremost in our thoughts when these postings occur.

Tonight's concert for the Help for Heros charity was a wonderful event to see - and great that it was supported by so many celebrities, young & old. The work that the charity does is amazing and it was fabulous to see so many servicefolk & their families at this event. I have to admit to shedding a tear or two throughout the evening and a fair few more when Robbie Williams brought the evening to a close with "Angels".

It was great to see everyone wearing the Help for Heros wristbands - I have had mine for over a year and I wear it with pride.

A very big thank you to the charity for all they do but an even bigger thank you to all the lads & lasses who put their lives on the line on behalf of this Country...you are all Heros to me.........................

1 comment:

K-Dog said...

you should see the teddy they do its soooo cute (in a uniform and everything!)