Followers

Saturday 18 December 2010

Two & a half hours...

...to travel less than 5 miles - grrrrrrrrr!!!

Okay, so we had a bit of snow yesterday but not that much. Pavements were icy but the roads were clear and the forecast said that further snow wouldn't hit until later today...I need to remember my own advice about not trusting weather forecasts...





In the space of less than an hour we went from cold winters day to GRIDLOCK. Traffic was bumper to bumper and the police had closed off a stretch of the A13 (main London to Southend road in south Essex).

I passed some very lovely sites which if I had been the passenger rather than the driver I would have been snapping away at (I did get the pic of the footbridge whilst I was stuck going nowhere) but to be honest, I'm just glad to be home safe & sound and I don't think the car will be moving again for some time (unless the snow goes, that is). These are a few quick snaps of the garden that I came home to.

Hope everyone out there with this weather is tucked up in the warm - take care folks......................

5 comments:

Scrappy~Sarah said...

some good shots, we have an icy sludge here

Ruthie said...

Aw Toni - know what you mean! We went from Roneo Corner to Collier Row and back again - it took us 3.5 hours! You prob no where I am talking about - but about 30-40 mins normally! Romford gridlocked! That bridge looked like the one near Petits Lane!

Keep warm - eat chocolate (think I read somewhere its a requirement for cold weather...although I could be fibbing!)

Rx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wonderful snow scenes! Makes me want to touch those branches very gently. :)

Debbie said...

Lovely pics. That journey sounded awful though. We have snow again here too, trying to get anywhere in it is a nightmare. Best to stay put and stay cosy!

Unknown said...

We have lots of snow and everything looks great. I will, no doubt, get fed up of it soon! I walked 8 miles on Saturday to watch my team!