Followers

Monday 13 February 2012

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

...pretty to look at but too cold.

Despite a few bright sunny spells, a week after the snowfall it was still very much in evidence.
These pics are from the car park at Barleylands and as you can see - the fields were still under a pretty thick blanket of the stuff on Saturday.
I think one of the problems has been the very low temps (Friday night to Saturday saw temps around the -10C in most areas around here...a few places fell even lower) and I don't think anyone needs to read in the papers that this has been the coldest February since 1986...we can feel it!!!

Barleylands might be out in the middle of open fields but they are very good about clearing the car park and ensuring there are safe pathways for folk to walk on.

I just wonder how much of this all cleared with the icy drizzle that we had on Sunday........................

3 comments:

Weasel said...

blimey girlie you were brave, venturing over to Barleylands - i didn't stick my nose outside my flat for 4 days solid (but got dragged back to work today worst luck grrr!)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Having never lived with snow I can't imagine what it is like. It looks pretty but I guess it isn't much fun when you are trying
to get about. As for -10, brrrrrr.... I think I'd go into hybernation Toni. Hope it warms up for you soon.
K♥

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Beautiful views!