Followers

Friday 4 May 2012

If you can help...

...it would be most appreciated.

If you live in or around the Ilford area of East London/Essex - that's the "IG" postcode area - do you know of any daytime craft classes/clubs...

A colleague has recently retired and she would like to find a daytime event that she could attend with her daughter. Her daughter enjoys cardmaking & papercrafts and she would like to find a place they could get to easily where they could share some time together crafting.

So over to you folks, I would be most grateful if you can suggest something suitable...in the Ilford area - held during the daytime - mixed age group...any ideas that you can suggest will be passed on.

Whilst on the subject of East London...it is now official...Stratford Station IS classified as the Olympic Park - there are pink signs up, in and around the station, so it must be true LOL

Stratford is still a bit of a building site but things are improving - we have some grassy areas nicely laid by the station and local retailers are getting into the spirit of things (or is that just 'jumping on the bandwagon') with displays of Union flags and other themed items as we head towards the Queen's jubilee celebrations and the 2012 Olympic games.

The biscuit tin in the picture was given to me by the lady who retired...
...and I bought the bowl & mug. I picked this chinaware as I thought they were appropriate to both events - even if they are intended as Olympic keepsakes.

The colleague who gave me the tin said she thought I could "do something" crafty with it. Well, to be honest, I think I'll keep it looking as it is...
...no altering or revamping as I think it is pretty as is. What I might do is use it for storing some of the themed craft items that I have collected this year so that I know they are all together - I've just realised how many 'London' stamps I now have **rollseyes** - ho, hum..........................................

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I'd keep it just the same too. I adore all the memorabilia that's around at the moment

Kim Dellow said...

LOL! Mmm I'm getting quite a collection of London stamps too! I've been eyeing tins to alter too, but none as nice as this one, I can see why you don't want to change it! Have fun. Kim