Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Do you see what I see...

...or have I really lost it LOL

Where the lime has been leaching into the brickwork from the mortar there is now a strange smiley face on the side of this building...can you see it?

This is an out-building that belongs to the pub at the end of my road - I pass it everyday on my way to and from the station.

The building must be over 100yrs old and until a few years ago when the pub underwent refurbishment, this stood derelict. They made a really good job of the repairs at the time...matching in bricks and making sure that they kept the original character of the building but as you can see, as the building is aging it is developing a new character all of its own.

It might be daft but it made me smile so I thought I'd share it with you................................................

10 comments:

Sandra said...

No, you're not seeing things I see the smile too :) how lovely

Helen T said...

No you have not lost it! I can see it too and it made me smile :)

Helen T said...

No you have not lost it! I can see it too and it made me smile :)

voodoo vixen said...

That's the sort of thing that catches my imagination too! It does look like a smiley face, with the shutter as a sort of fringe... ;)

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

love it - you made me smile! jenx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cute welcome smile to start every morning. :)

Debbie said...

Yes, I see it too! I love it when inanimate objects resemble happy faces!

Debbie x

Virginia said...

I too can see the smile - it's amazing what we see when we really look!

Stef H said...

now that is one HAPPY building - LOL.

i see faces and shapes in everything.... clouds, trees, bldgs. tiled floors... you name it, i'll see something. hubby thought i was nuts!!! - LOL

have a great week.

hugs :)

airing cupboard crafts said...

I could see it straight away :-)

I love seeing things like this x x