Followers

Monday 20 May 2013

Scrapping...

...all day long.

A few weeks ago my friend Suzie (Weaselwise on UKS) asked if I would be interested in attending an all-day crop...10am to 7pm and the cost of the day included a carvery lunch. No brainer...I said yes.

Now it is quite some time since I've attended an all-day crop - in fact, I had to unload my wheeled crate as I had been using it for storage (amazing what treasures I unearthed LOL). I packed up a selection of PPs, CS and trims and off I went.

I did spend a bit of time pushing papers around and rummaging through my totes before I came across these...
 ...a new pack of C5 (A5) size envelopes, so I decided to make this...
 ...an A5 size minibook/journal - I haven't quite made up my mind what I will actually use it for.

Many moons ago, I purchased a storage bag containing 300 sheets of double-sided PP from Costco and although I have used quite a lot (or so I thought) the contents of the bag seem to go on forever. I picked a couple of designs to cover the chipboard covers that I had cut...
...and also used them to cover the facing pages at the front and back of the book.

Now whilst I was unloading my wheeled crate to get ready for the crop, I found a brand new pack of Basic Grey PPs & stickers. The range was Perhaps.

This pack of Basic Grey was from a time when all their ranges contained PPs...
...and distressed plain papers...
 ...that all toned...
 ...and co-ordinated beautifully...
 ...and the pack contained plenty to do all the pages of my book.

I cut the papers for each double page spread from a single 12x12 sheet so that the pages match across the 'view'. I have enough pieces left for matting and layering quite a few cards.

All the PPs have been inked around the edge quite roughly...
...using a Ranger Distressed Ink pad in Walnut.

All the PPs have been cut but I still have a few to ink and stick into the book.

I'm pretty pleased with the amount I managed to get done as I constructed the book from scratch using the envelopes to form the basis of the pages and white CS to hinge the pages together. The envelopes have had the flaps stuck inside so that each of the pages is also a pocket that can be used to hold bits-n-pieces.

The chipboard (greyboard) used for the covers was the backs of some A4 notepads. I cut four pieces and covered two for the outer covers and two for the inner ones - sandwiching a spine cover and the ribbon closure between them when I put everything together.

I could turn this into a Birthday book as I have enough pages for the months of the year or I could use it like a Smash book - haven't made up my mind yet.

I really enjoyed the day - the venue was spacious and the roast dinner...well...that was super yummy.

Shame they are not holding another one of these until August.................................................... 

8 comments:

Suzy said...

I do love an all day cropm. I.love your book what a great idea and that set of.pp is.perfect for it. I.do.think stash breeds if you leave it for too long

Sandra said...

You were so productive

Tinkertaylor said...

Love your book a neat idea using those envelopes. I too bought those papers ages ago and I'm sure they're multiplying because there are still loads left

voodoo vixen said...

Love the papers you have there and they all look like they belong together, the BG and the Costco and I am uber impressed you managed to get so much of it completed in one day at a crop! I always ending up spending the entire day waffling and eating! LOL

Weasel said...

You know what the real kicker was tho Annette? Toni had to drive 15 miles to get to the venue, I merely had to drive about two - and she got there about 15 minutes before me... then worked her little socks off making the book and covering the pages - I can vouch for the fact that it looks even more stunning in real life!

But there was plenty of waffling and eating lol... altho with the size of the carvery lunch with yorkshires that were almost bigger than the plates, it's a wonder we didn't all fall asleep for the afternoon...

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Beautiful, those papers look awesome together, nice inking too.

Glen said...

Ooo Toni, that is one fab find in your stash and you have done a great job. Your album is very chic. I am off for a carvery tomorrow after work... can't beat a good roast dinner. *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

Virginia said...

Oh that's fabulous stuff, how fantastic to find all that stash hidden!