Followers

Tuesday 17 June 2014

A room...

...with not much of a view.

This is the view from my window at work...
...pretty dismal and not very inspiring. Would you believe just two years ago it looked like this...
 ...Stratford was getting ready for the Olympics and everywhere was being made ready for the event...
...lawns were nicely cut and flower beds planted to make pleasant areas throughout the town. All so very different to what can be seen at the moment...
 ...noise, dirt & rubble...
...and not a flower bed or tree to be seen.

As the outside world was looking so horrid, I put some decorations up in the office to cheer things up a bit...
 ...plenty of George crosses everywhere...
 ...not only in flag form but some inflatable hands too and a flower pot...
...sporting a few more flags.

Yesterday I added some Brazil bunting and a length of multi-flag bunting but I haven't had a chance to take more photos - will try and get some pics tomorrow.

It certainly makes things a bit more cheerful and my team love it. We are the only section that has gone all out to decorate for the World Cup (although there has been a rather large 3 lions flag appear on another section this week).

Folk from elsewhere in the office say how great it looks but nobody else has been bothered to do anything similar. How boring...

It didn't take long to do. It didn't cost much as we already had some of the stuff and most of what has been added has come from £ and 99p Stores. Best of all, it brightens the place up and has created a more cheerful mood amongst my team. Resulting in better motivation and (here comes the buzz words) increased staff engagement.

I'm wondering what I can do when this lot has to come down at the end of the World Cup...what can I decorate our section with...Christmas seems rather a long way off..................................................


6 comments:

Virginia said...

oh that seems so sad looking at the changes in your view, what on earth are they building?

Loving the decoration in the office though - fab stuff!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh thats so sad, everything was so pretty. Why could't they just keep it that way since it was already done?
Great way to spruce up the office Toni!
Hugs Lynn

Stef H said...

wow! that is soooooooo creative and great that they let you do that in the office. you are such a blessing!

hugs :)

Sandra said...

What are they building? I hope it's something nice. Keep those fingers crossed for tonight xxx

Dan said...

Judging by the view from your window you work about 2 streets away from where I lived for a few months 20+ years ago! Building works aside, it looks a little more genteel than it did in my day! :)

Lori said...

Oh, my...I am so sad about your view. However, I love your attitude and love how you brightened up your office space. Hurrah for you!!