Followers

Wednesday 11 June 2014

The Summer 2014 Photo Scavenger Hunt...

...is up and running.

So far I've managed photos of 7 of the items listed.

In no particular order...

7) A Rural Landscape...
 ...I just love this photo - such a lovely view captured on a beautiful sunny day.
9) A Bakery...
 ...we have a one-off bakers in Stanford - forget your Greggs or Percy Ingles - we have the King Street Bakery Limited located in...King Street.
6) An Urban Street Scene...
 ...this photo was taken from my front gate - it shows the road where I live and is "Sunshine after the Rain". This was some lovely evening sunshine after some very heavy downpours.
1) A Sign Welcoming People to your Home Town...
...we don't have anything fancy or unusual (not that I could find) so I went with this sign at the station which welcomes folk arriving from the direction of Southend on Sea.
5) A Rack of Post Cards...
 ...I found this rack in the WHS in Stratford (East London) where I work. As you can just about see, the post cards are very much 'London' orientated.
19) A Public Garden...
 ...this small garden is just across the road from where I live...
 ...I pass it every day on my way to & from work...
 ...it is maintained by the Council and the Hope Committee (a group of local businesses that want to support the local community).
3) Birds on a Wire...
 ...I didn't think that this item on the list was going to be a problem but with all the construction traffic relating to the Gateway Port - the birdies haven't been sitting around long enough for me to get my camera out...
...so when I saw this mug in Wilkinson's I knew it was perfect to fit the bill.

So that's my start on the photo scavenger hunt. One photo that I didn't think would be a problem is item 20 - A Bus with a picture painted on its sides...after all, I work right next to a bus station but do you know what, I haven't seen a single one. In fact, the more I think about it...I really don't recall seeing any painted buses since the Olympics. Ho hum, I'll just have to keep a watch and hope I can grab my camera in time to snap it. However, I think I'll have to go a long way to find a bus with as fabulous a piece of artwork as the one found by Jimjams

If you fancy having a go at this scavenger hunt, hop on over to Maria 'Rinda' Ontiveros' blog for more details.....................................................

6 comments:

Virginia said...

Oh you've made a grand start to the list Toni - fabulous stuff!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Great start! Love that rural landscape shot. Gorgeous. This will be my third year now and it's such a fun part of our summer.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I love your area! I always look forward to your out and about pictures. :)

Sandra said...

Well done on such a good start (I'm kinda of lusting after that mug) lol

Eileen T said...

I love your rural landscape and the birds on a wire is a clever take on the prompt.

Eileen @ In My Playroom (also doing the 2014 Summertime Scavenger Hunt)

Alex moner said...

I just love this photo - such a lovely view captured on a beautiful sunny day.photo scavenger hunt ideas for children