Followers

Sunday 13 September 2015

*@!!##*@?...

...computers!!!

I still can't load anything to my PC because, since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has decided it doesn't recognise any of the drives (CD/DVD or Memory card).

At the suggestion of a friend, I visited the site for my PC to see if they have any downloadable drivers to work with the new W10 - my PC is a Compaq and apparently HP have taken them over. The site on first appearance seems mainly aimed at laptop & tablets - I have a mini desktop tower - so straight away this was off putting. I will need to set aside some time to have a good browse of the site to see if I can find anything useful.

In the meantime...

Yesterday was the Eastwood crop at the Toby carvery (this photo is from a previous visit)...
...and despite the weather starting off really wet & windy (typical when you are trying to load the car with all your crafting goodies) it brightened up and was a lovely day.

I was actually quite productive.

I have been collecting toilet roll inners and kitchen towel inners with a view to making a centre piece for our "Christmas nibbles table" at work. I covered all the necessary rolls with glittery Christmas PP and they are now awaiting my decision on how I will assemble them.

A fair bit of colouring-in got done too and I also covered a couple of sturdy little boxes ready for holding Christmas gifts.

None of which I bothered to photograph because I'm getting a bit frustrated with not being able to download the pics to my PC.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday. I'm trying to keep calm and not think too much about PC issues - have a good'un...........................................................................

5 comments:

Sue Jones said...

aww thats awful - bloody windows!! Glad you managed to have fun in the end. I am shattered - can't believe the weekend is almost over!

Scrapmate said...

I am finding that I can only put pics on my blog via Google Chrome. It's a pain to keep switching but I do not want to use Chrome all the time.

Sandra said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry about the computer issues. It's never easy is it

Virginia said...

Toni the more I read about windows 10 on your blog the more I want to run away, my computer keeps asking to upgrade to it, but I think I'm quite happy with what we've got at the moment, will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you manage to resolve!

Stef H said...

i have windows 10 and i'm really liking it. i love the graphics. so far, no problem, tho i do shut down once a week and then it upgrades. oh well, that's what we want right?

i love your thoughts on the paper inners. can't wait to see what you make.

i must say a very big THANK YOU to you for always visiting my blog and making me smile... and by the way, i like your new background on your blog!

have a great week!

hugs :)