Followers

Thursday 3 September 2015

I can't believe...

...how good I've been.

Rather than buy a lot of ready prepared veggies, the last couple of weeks I've been going to the Farm Shop at Barleylands.

(photo is from the Windows 10 selection of desktop images)

As we head into Autumn (yes I know we haven't had a proper Summer - yet!) I always look forward to the appearance of things like Butternut Squash and the seasonal veggies that start to arrive in more of the shops - but they can be quite expensive. My local Morrison's had Butternuts at a £1 each and they were quite small - the Farm shop were doing them at 4 for a £1 and they were a lot larger.

In all the years that I've lived in this area, I have driven past the Farm shop but never ventured in until two weeks ago.

I have now visited twice and each time come out loaded with a fabulous selection of goodies.

Squashes and cauliflower, cabbages and carrots.

I have also been very industrious - my freezer is packed with freshly prepared squash & cauliflower and I now have a batch of veggie stew boxed up and ready to add to the stock. I have to say I'm quite proud of myself for actually getting it all done.

Unfortunately, my freezer isn't large otherwise I would be back at the Farm shop for more veggies to add but never mind. It is now on my list of places to visit regularly and I intend to keep my freezer well stocked with fresh goodies this Winter.

Gosh...straighten the halo Toni LOL

At least now I know I have a stock of some of my favourite veggies and I'm looking forward to tucking in....................................................................................

2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love butternut squash and buy them all year round. Well done you for being so prepared x

Sandra said...

Well done on getting so well stocked