Followers

Thursday 26 November 2015

A birthday treat...

...because I couldn't wait.

Yes, yes, I know...

The weekend of 27th November is Members Weekend at Pinnacle Crafts but I couldn't wait - I wanted to play.

So a new corner punch and a Groovi plate jumped into my basket and came home with me...
...I just fell in love with the lamp-post. Isn't it lovely.
Here is my first effort using the new plate...
...I've added shading to the oval to give a more defined frame and the lamp-post has received a bit of shading too. I'm not sure if the background needs something else but at this point I'm going with the "less is more" attitude so that I don't ruin it.

This aspect of parching I can just about cope with and I actually find it quite relaxing - just like colouring in. So there will probably be a few more cards using these designs on this year's Christmas cards.

Have you tried a new craft this year?

Will it be appearing on your Christmas crafting?..................................................................

6 comments:

Stef H said...

wow! this is awesome. we don't have things like that in the USA.
really? no thanksgiving? i thought the entire world celebrated thanksgiving. what do i know. anyway, i still wish you and fabulous day... and a great weekend.

hugs :)

Sue Jones said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! I love trying out new things - this year I bought a geli plate and have used it a few times to print some backgrounds- such fun. I also bought some brusho paints to play with.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, I love it. xx

Redanne said...

Oh definitely, leave it as it is, because it is stunning!! It really does have the wow factor, I love it! We decided to celebrate Thanksgiving today - I am sorry now though, I ate far too much turkey...

I have not really tried anything new this year, other than using DecoArt Media Fluid paints and mediums, still at the practice stage yet though... Anne xx

Virginia said...

Oh Toni loving the lamp post - beautiful! And well it would be rude not to treat yourself around your birthday wouldn't it!

Sandra said...

Well I'm glad you treated yourself and us too ... That's really beautiful. You're so creative