Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Knit & Natter...

...the second gathering.

Another good turnout for our Knit & Natter group with two new members putting in an appearance.

Here are some photos of what folk were getting up to...
 ...Debbie & Kristian were hitting the Granny squares again. Pam decided to join us...
 ...as she feels this will be the only way she gets her son's jumper finished. She has been knitting this for quite some time as can be seen from the state of the pattern LOL. Heather finished off her last snowflake...
 ...she now has 21 of these so the next step is to join them all together. I've been playing with knitting looms (the colourful pegged circles)...
...they are a bit like a huge version of the "French Knitting" that I used to do as a child - remember the wooden cotton-reels with four nails in the top that you could use to make knitted cords?
I was finishing off this little hat that I was making for a colleague's grandson... 
...the good bit about these looms is that you can knit stuff fairly quick & easy and there are no seams to sew up.

Sheenaz & Francis also popped in. Sheenaz forgot her crochet but she was up for a natter and was intrigued by the baby jacket that Francis was knitting (I had put my camera away, so no photo) as it was made-up of a pretty 'wave' pattern.

So there are some photos of what everyone is currently up to. You never know, next time I might convince them to have their photos taken too.................................................

7 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I wish there was a knitting group near me...it's too far to come and join in yours!! I like the look of that hat you did on the loom, it's a great way of doing without a seam that doesn't involve circular needles (which I hate!!)
Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I wish there was a knitting group near me...it's too far to come and join in yours!! I like the look of that hat you did on the loom, it's a great way of doing without a seam that doesn't involve circular needles (which I hate!!)
Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

Stef H said...

sometimes i wish i can pick up my knitting or crochet needles but then i remember... (1) the ache in my fingers and (2) i gave all my needles away!!! yep, sent them to a friend of mine who is an avid "needler" like you. she, too, makes beautiful things!

you are just too darn crafty!!!!

this week is running hot and humid, so the air is still on. i am so ready for fall. winter, however, is another story entirely LOL.

have a great week!

hugs :)

Chidkid said...

Great group by the looks of it

Anonymous said...

So glad that your knitting group is going strong :) Love your hat. xx

Virginia said...

Oh it looks like you are having great fun! Loving all the different creations

Sandra said...

How lovely! Oh I so wish I could knit or crochet ... then I could join a group like this. Xxx