Followers

Saturday 10 February 2007

Reasons to be...

...grateful.

I know Chrissie is right when she says there are so many good things in our lives that we need to take account of...but it can be very difficult when you feel that you have been knocked back/down again. Still, the challenge has been set and I have been tasked with listing all the good things about my life, here goes................

I am reasonably healthy - in fact, I am the healthy one in the family (think I had my share of stuff as a little'un - broken arms, measles, chicken pox etc).

I have a niece who thinks I'm the next best thing to sliced bread (she can't eat normal bread - she's coeliac...).

I have a warm secure house that I love for it's character. It also has a place in local history even though it is not quite 100 yrs old yet.

I live in an age where women (on the whole) have freedom of choice.

I live in a country that offers free healthcare for all.

I can travel to almost anywhere that I want (just means a little saving...lol).

I can try foods from every corner of the world, without having to step foot outside of the UK.

I can drive and I have my own car.

I was lucky enough to receive a Grammer school education.

I can indulge my love of crafts.

I can communicate with folk all around the world, just at a flick of a switch, tap of a few keys (phone or PC).

I have people who rely on me (mixed blessing???).

Yes I have a lot to be grateful for and I will try not to let the grotty things make me lose-sight of this fact...

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Yey!!! You go girl. And I bet you could keep going for another 10 things, and then another 10 after that.

We have a lot more good in our lives than bad :-D