Followers

Sunday 4 March 2012

Pens, Pens and...

...soon to be more pens LOL

Before Christmas, the lovely Kerryanne English over at the Shabby Art Boutique
had the most fabulous Candy and I was lucky enough to win it - A Visa Gift card loaded with 100 Australian dollars - how lucky was that!

Never having used one of these before I read the leaflet carefully as to the conditions of use and thought I would enquire at a few retailers whether they accepted them; or not. I have to say, some very big Highstreet names were not at all helpful. I didn't want to queue somewhere only to find the card wouldn't work there - how awful would that be (especially if I didn't have an alternative means of paying for the item).

I didn't want to fritter away this wonderful gift and I didn't want to find myself with an expired card...that would have been such a waste.

I had mentioned (moaned) about this to Andy at Pinnacle Crafts and he said that he would be more than happy to try the card for me.

Well you all know me and my fondness (**obsession**) for pens...the lovely folk at Pinnacles have offered Club members the chance to pre-order and get their 30% Club members weekend saving on the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers. So yesterday, Andy played with the till and it worked...at the end of March/beginning of April, I will have my new pens. A very apt purchase as Kerryanne makes lovely shabby/distressed items - do take a look at her lovely blog.

A great big thank you to Kerryanne for her very generous candy and a big thank you to Andy for trying the card for me **one very happy little bunny here**..........................................................

4 comments:

Weasel said...

You jammy bunny you! I'm still trying to justify buying a set lol...

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I'm very happy you got something special for yourself Toni.

BTW... that VISA giftcard is exactly the same as a debit card and is supposed to be accepted anywhere that takes VISA card payments.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Yay! Happy for you. :)

Leanie said...

Congratulations, what a lovely surprise :D x