Followers

Thursday 29 March 2012

When is a tree...

...not a tree?

When it is part of this...
...an arrangement of steel and titanium trees.

It lines the main road that devides the old shopping precinct in Stratford from the new Westfield shopping centre...
...which is located to the rear of the station (you can see part of it in the top lefthand corner).

I tried to see just how much I could capture in a photo from my office window as there are far too many obstructions down at street level.
This piece of 'art' has cost the taxpayer millions of £ and they actually cut down a lovely row of trees to make way for it. What's more, although this is supposed to represent trees it is called "The shoal" - go figure LOL.................................

3 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

I think they look like fish more than trees... which could explain the shoal reference? It seems such a shame to chop down the real thing to put up fake ones... albeit arty fake ones!! But who am I but one of the taxpayers who contributed funds to such madness... ;)

Dan said...

I used to live in Stratford, though I left long before the metal trees appeared! :) Thanks for a trip down memory lane!

Weasel said...

oh my good grief... and I thought looking out over "the patio from Hell" was bad enough!