Followers

Wednesday 21 October 2015

I recently mentioned...

...that I had obtained some Groovi Plates.

I saw this plate used in a magazine feature about the Groovi plates and loved what had been done...
 ...so this (and the other snowflake plate) came home with me on a recent visit to Pinnacle Crafts.

Let me say here and now, I do not think I will ever be a skilled parchment crafter. I think I am too impatient and too heavy handed but I do enjoy playing with these plates.

Using a piece of Ice blue parchment paper this is what I managed to create...
 ...I used a larger ball-tool to shade the white on the words, snowflakes and circles...
...and coloured areas with a Distress Marker (I used Blueprint sketch). The parchment was trimmed and mounted onto a matt of ice blue pearl paper. So that the glue would not be visible, I added some white Glitterations stickers (circles and snowflakes) so that the dots of glue could go behind them. A piece of the pearl paper was placed down the spine of the card and a few stickers added to help match in with the main panel on the card.

The work was not perfect in any way but I was very pleased with my first attempt.

I now have the Plate Mate and a few more design plates, so will be having a bit more of a play.

I have completed (and shaded) one of the Christmas trees - I just have to decide how I am going to use it on a card.....................................................................................

4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Looks good to me, love the icy blues

Sue Jones said...

Looks fab. I do have some parchment tool and I think it was one of the first crafts I tried - I might even still have some practice pieces somewhere. This looks like it make things a little easier.

Wendy said...

That is very effective, I do like the blue :-)

aussie aNNie said...

Never heard of these plates but like what I see...xx