Followers

Thursday 15 October 2015

October...

...and Halloween is on the way.

Growing up in the UK, Halloween was not a big thing like it is in the USA. However, with my Mum being a Brown Owl with a pack of Brownies to keep occupied, it was something that could be added to the calendar as an event and I can remember at least one Brownie evening where we were all dressed as witches and we toasted marshmallows over candles on tin plates.

Halloween may not have been big here but Mum always made it fun.

There were also a couple of TV shows that were very popular The Munsters and of course The Addams Family...

 
...spooky tales but not of the horror variety. There were characters that I thought were such fun - cousin Itt (the completely hairy creature) and Thing (the hand with a life of its own).

A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to win a rubber stamp from Simply Betty Stamps that just happened to be called "Addams Portrait"...
...consisting of Wednesday, Morticia, Thing and Gomez. It is such a fun stamp to colour - I coloured this stamping of the image with my Copics.

I have lots of digi images suitable for Halloween but I think this one has to be one of my favourites.

I noticed that Mr Holtz has designed some 3D dies, one of which is the Zombie that he has used on the October tag for his "12 tags of 2015" - I look forward to seeing what is created on some of the blogs that I follow where the bloggers are regular participants in the monthly tag event.

I have decorated one of the desks at work with pumpkins, witches hat and lots of spooky treats (skull shaped lollypops and ghost shaped wine gums). There is even a skeleton in a torture cage hanging from the ceiling above it all and a black (Christmas) tree decorated with skull and pumpkin cauldrons. If I could download my photos I could share it with you but Windows 10 is still not playing nice.

Do you do anything for Halloween?

If you do, I'd love to see what you come up with...........................................................

3 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

cooooooooooooooool. xx

Redanne said...

I just love Halloween Toni (and I loved the Addams Family too)! Growing up in Canada means it is in my 'genes' - sort of... so I just celebrate it quietly with the Grandkids. I would love to see your workplace all decorated up! You have coloured the image beautifully too... Anne xx

Sandra said...

I must admit I don't do Halloween at all. I do get sweets in, for any little costume knockers, but it's not a tradition my family or Simons ever followed. Saying all that, I really love your stamped image, you've coloured it beautifully