Followers

Friday 25 February 2011

Happy memories...

...of a previous obsession.
This was a quick card I made using decoupage from the new DoCrafts range "Country Companions".

I can already hear you questioning - if it is a new range, how can it be a previous obsession...

Well it may be a new range to paper crafters but these design characters have been around for a very long time in the world of cross stitch.

DMC brought out a small selection of cross stitch kits which soon grew.

I fell in love with these cute characters right from the start and I would await each new DMC catalogue to see what new kits were available - needless to say, as they came out and were available in the shops I bought them. There were so many lovely designs and there were lots of Christmas ones too.

I have a cute little mouse with his balloon framed and hanging on the wall in the upstairs hallway. But most got given away (rarely framed, mostly made into cushions).

I hope DoCrafts will be expanding their quite small range of these characters as it is great to have them back...this time in a different craft format................

3 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I remember them from my cross stitching days too! Good to know they are still around. :)

MiniOwner said...

Oh that's pretty!
Sue x

Winnie said...

Aw, he's very sweet!