Followers

Monday 10 September 2007

Crafters really are...

...very inventive people.

A week ago I discovered Cuttlebug embossing folders. "So what!" I hear you say. Well the thing is, I hadn't really given them much thought because I don't have a Cuttlebug...

Yes, I know most of the super die-cutting gadgets that are on the market these days have accessories that are interchangeable with other systems but I hadn't really given much thought to this one as I have a QuicKutz, a Tag-a-long and a Big Shot (lucky me and mostly thanks to Mum).

A week ago I spotted a script embossing folder at Artbase and enquired if it would work okay on my Big Shot - the girls in the shop were great and actually tried it out for me. I left the shop not just with the script folder but four others too, I was hooked (LOL).

I've had a lovely play with them all and even got my friend Diane hooked as well (sorry Diane...more "toys" to buy). It seems that we are not the only ones to have found these super folders - in the space of a week Artbase sold out (I've been assured that an order will be going in ASAP).

For anyone who hasn't investigated the Cuttlebug embossing folders I can really recommend them. I love my QuicKutz Goosebumps but their size limits their use whereas the Cuttlebug folders are just right for matting & layering on an A6 card or providing extra texture on some of the larger die-cuts and alphabets. Great for creating some of the larger embellies for scrapping...:o)

However, this does not tell you why crafters are really inventive folk - does it!!!

I came across a posting today where the crafter was also singing the praises of the Cuttlebug embossing folders, why, because they worked perfectly in her pasta rolling machine. So there you go folks - if you can't afford a die-cutting machine at the moment but would really like to do a bit of embossing go and dig out that pasta roller from the back of the cupboard **big grins at the thought of everyone hunting out those pasta rollers whilst muttering "I know I put it here somewhere..." hee, hee**.

I am always amazed at the ideas that craft folk can come up with and there are probably tons of household items (bought as a must-have, used a couple of times then shoved away 'out of sight out of mine') that could be put to use - anyone got any ideas for a sandwich toaster???????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..
Your blog is awesome!
: O


PLEASE VIsIT MY BLOG:

www.blog.comunidades.net/robbiewilliams1023/