Followers

Monday 7 March 2011

Any ideas...

...what I can do with these - craftwise, that is.
Not the best of photos but perhaps this one will help a bit...
They are card CD holders that Mum had come through the post with some audio books in. She has transferred her CDs to a more substantial storage container and presented these to me...to "do something with".

There are two styles - a)a tri-fold card with slots to take the CDs and b)a book style consisting of the cover and a single page (there are slots inside this too for the CDs).

I have been thinking about covering one of the 'books' and decorating it with some stamped images and perhaps using the slots for photos or gift vouchers - making it a combined card/gift. However, I am open to ideas & suggestions...the more the merrier.

If someone comes up with a really good idea I might even send them one of these to play with - as long as they promise to "show and tell" what they do with it and how they did it.

So get those ideas rolling in...................................

10 comments:

Emilie said...

Hi! What a great find! I think I would use some as mini books especially as they seem to have some thickness and therefor you would be able to add some pages into them. I would use some of them as well for some special cards...

Maz said...

I would have said a gift card holder, maybe put them away until nearer to Christmas as they would be lovely decorated in Christmassy papers and embellishments. Have fun and whatever you do with them I am sure they will be gorgeous!
Maz.x

voodoo vixen said...

Ooooh Toni, those look fab!! Lovely thickness to them too! Do you recall a fabby mini book called fizz fizz or something like that? It was on the weekly show that showed different scrapping idea 9good grief, shame about the senile dementia, my brain cell has gone on vacation)!! Well, if you can figure all that out... these would be perfect for the design. Let me go find a photo of the one I mean...

dddeeebbbzzz said...

Ooh!! Need to think about this!! My brain tends not to deal with altered stuff too well. I'm definitely thinking tags or something!! Not too much help really!!

K-Dog said...

What about a seed book gift with each section decorated in the seasonal colours for when it is to be planted.

Anonymous said...

Hi my lovely friend, thanks for all your messages of support, you are so nice. I think i might be tempted to decorate and then add either tags in the pockets or possibly use them as gift cards with maybe a voucher or lotto tickets, money etc,
Hugs June xx

Sandra said...

I'll be watching this weith interest to see what good ideas everyone comes up with - but sorry, all I could think of was a mini book.

voodoo vixen said...

Book was called Pop Pop Fizz... if you google it, should find the destrucitons!!

Dan said...

Another vote here for a tag or seed packet book! :)

Lynn Stevens said...

Books being the obvious choice, but since there is a little compartment I'm think a waterfall card the folds out from the slot.

Or take one apart. cover with fabric and make a collage, drill holes in top for hanging.

Have fun playing
hugs Lynn