Followers

Friday 21 October 2011

"An Old Fashioned"...

...the gentleman's cocktail.

The folk at "Less is More" set the week 37 challenge theme as 'cocktail' - their brief said it could be interpreted literally or by some other means i.e. a cocktail of colours.

I don't have any images of glasses with umbrellas and cherries so I went looking on t'net for ideas. I thought this image from an old drinks recipe book was perfect for the theme and would also make an idea card for a male.
The base case is smooth white CS - a sheet of A4 folded in half and inked around the edge with black.
I wanted to keep the image very simple so I only used a minimum of colour just to give a hint of a colour-washed plate. The image is cut as a separate panel that also has been inked in black around the edge. This panel was then mounted on 3D foam.
What I really liked about the image that was shown in the book was the fact that it also came with an image of the ingredients - these were also only lightly coloured. I used this panel inside the card.
This image also lists the ingredients and the quantities needed to make the drink - something a little different to send a fella................................

10 comments:

Claire said...

They are fantastic Toni.
C
xx

Sarah said...

very usual in style and look - but I like it!!! Such a wonderful retro image...

Jenni's Jems said...

Oh I like this and the idea of having the recipe with the card and as you say it would be great for a male card x

Katherine said...

Beautiful images and subtle colours :)

Chrissie said...

Superb card!
Perfect for a chap!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Terrific card Toni, the inside looks FAB too
Thank you
Mandi LIM

CLaire said...

Like this... very retro... think that the word I was looking for..
Just the right amount of colour too.
Hope blogger is getting better
Hugs Claire x

voodoo vixen said...

This is fab Toni!! I love the way you have kept it muted in an olde worlde way and it does indeed make a lovely male card!!

Linda said...

This is really awesome.. hugs, Linda

Emy said...

A great card - it feels very masculine and elegant at the same time