Followers

Saturday 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011...

...and Hello to 2012!!!
In just a few hours time we will be listening to Big Ben chiming in a brand new year - to be honest it seems only a short time ago that we were bidding farewell to 2010 - where has this year gone?

So what did 2011 mean to me...

My only resolution for the year was to pay more attention to my blog and despite PC troubles, Blogger issues etc. I think I have managed to do that. It certainly helped that back in Apr/May I took the plunge and entered my very first challenge...and won! Coming up with ideas for different challenges helped with the crafting motivation and also brought me into contact with lots of new crafters. The different challenge sites have also encouraged me to try different styles - this time last year I would have said "CAS - me?...never!" but I gave it a go and from time to time I do manage to come up with designs that I'm really fond of (was a great way of dealing with bulk Chrimbo card makes).

I got to try my hand at being a guest DT for Creative Craft World - it was great fun but also scared me silly LOL - how do folk cope with this week in/week out and for multiple DTs.

I've met some lovely new crafty folk via the web and been very lucky to gain lots more followers this year - thank you all for visiting my little bit of cyberspace. For some reason I have been having trouble visiting some of the blogs that I normally follow (She - Rubber Addict, June - Dezinaworld, Jacqui - Cats Whiskers, are just a couple that spring to mind) they seem to 'freeze' and I find I can't scroll through the posts or leave comments - sorry folks.

I've been very lucky healthwise (says she sitting here typing with a heavy cold & cough) - I know many of you out there have had lots of health problems to deal with and I hope the New Year brings better fortune for you all in this.

Whilst health has been okay, life in general has been quite stressful (on-going personal issues that I won't go into here) and work has been a nightmare. The year started with me being one of 3 junior managers - each of us with 10 or 11 staff each. Almost immediately one manager went on long-term sick absence so we were down to two dealing with the same overall number of staff (I managed to end up with the bulk). Come July and the other manager needed to re-locate for family reasons so by August there was just me with 30 staff - to say I have been feeling like a hampster on a wheel is putting it mildly. Never have I appreciated the chance to endulge in fun craft sessions/classes more - Dawn, Andy, Helen & Pauline you don't know what a lifeline you have been - thank you.

Family has brought with it different issues - Mum's health has been up & down but she doesn't let it get her down. Kristy being over in Germany with her hubby Dan not knowing from one moment to the next whether he still had a job has brought home how little control we have on certain aspects of our lives - but it has also shown how important a listening ear, time for a chat...just being there, really is. By the way, Dan is okay, he has been reassigned and the pair of them will be staying in Germany for the next few years - just what they hoped for.

What do I hope for in 2012...

Less stress!!! Although working in the area of the Olympic Park (East London) I don't see that happening any time soon. I am not looking forward to 10 weeks of public transport disruption or the crowds of people all trying to battle their way to various events. I also don't see any easing of things at work this side of Easter.

More crafting!!! At some point this year I want to try and sort out my crafting space and get a bit more organised. I need some decent storage so that I can actually find what I'm looking for and hopefully this will also minimize the duplication of items bought because I 1) couldn't find 2) forgot I had.

I need to take stock of what I want from life and what is important to me. Family, health, security...are all things at the top of the list.

I won't be making any resolutions as such as I don't want to stress-out over doing or not doing stuff.

What I will do is wish each and every one of you a happy, healthy 2012 and hope that what you wish for in the coming year comes your way.

Happy New Year folks............................

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Well I'm super impressed you achieved most of your goals this year. Your blog has always been a joy to read.

Here's to 2012 being a good year or you xx

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Happy New Year Toni, looks like you have had a good 2011 so lets hope 2012 is even better :D

Julie xx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy new year Toni for you, your family and your friends. It´s been a real plaesure to read your blog in 2011, such cool projects from cute to elegant, from simple to extremely complex, all wonderfully crafted.
Best wishes for 2012!