Followers

Thursday 29 December 2011

Just one...

...Word.

That's the challenge that has been set over at "Less is More" as the last challenge for 2011.

I managed to pick up a pack of Papermania bare chipboard shapes (Christmas) for just £1 in the sales and the word 'Joy' seemed just the thing to use.
The base card is smooth white CS, A5 folded in half and then embossed with the 'Crafts-Too' folder - Snowflake Banner. I saw this folder used some time ago and soooooooooooo wanted one but it seems to have been a bit of a seasonal 'must-have' because everywhere I went I just missed the last one. I thought I would never get one but I did manage to nab one on the Friday before Christmas...result!
I coloured the word 'Joy' with my Crimson Copic pen and mounted it to the card with 3D foam - it was the perfect size for the centre panel. I then stickled the edges to give a bit of sparkle.
I think this folder is beautiful and doesn't really need very much added - the snowflake detail around the edge is lovely. It is the sort of design that doesn't just have to be used for Christmas - I think it will make a beautiful background for winter birthdays too.

Well that's my entry to the challenge - hope you like..............................

11 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous I love the lettering it really makes a lush statement & you are right it doesnt need anything else......its perfect hun!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sasha said...

Hi Toni,
Love your just one word card...so very effective!:)

Sheila in Cyprus said...

CAS and simply stunning. What a bargain!
Love Sheila x

Chrissie said...

Wow, what a terrific card!
I love the touch of twinkle!
Thanks so much and a Happy New Year to you and yours.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Karen Petitt said...

Lovely, just enough twinkle too Karen x

Kristin said...

Love your card. Beautiful!

Jenni's Jems said...

Lovely card x

Sally H said...

Beautiful - so elegant!

Mandi said...

Superb card, what a bargain
The sparkle looks perfect

Thank so much
mandi
"Less is More"

AmethystCat said...

pretty! love the shimmer and the embossing!

Bonnie said...

What a great find! Love this card!