Followers

Wednesday 12 August 2015

I previously mentoned...

...my little book of Calm Colouring.

It is such a dinky little book and the images within it are for my 'playtime'...
 ...rather than what I would call 'serious colouring'.
These are images that I can lose myself in and just play around with colours.
All these images were coloured using Edding 1200 pens...
 ...and this one was completed using the red/orange/yellow pens.
Despite my tin of Edding pens only consisting of 10 colours...
 ...I was very happy with the effect that I managed with this image. The lotus type flowers were very easy - just a few pink brushstrokes and the rest was left white.
I love images of poppies and I like to play around with colour combos because poppies do come in colours other than red...
 ...the first flower was completed using red & pink (the Edding pink is quite mauve in shade). I then decided to have a go at a variety of bright colours...
...limiting each flower to just two pen colours...
...and the finished result was a lovely splash of colour.
This last image was pretty much like doodling...
...I just worked through the stripes on the balls with my colours in a particular order - starting with yellow on some and reversing the order and starting with green on others.

It is actually quite interesting playing around with a very limited range of colours and I'm enjoying the challenges this brings to my colouring.....................................................................

3 comments:

Sandra said...

You'd never think you only used a few colouring pens. I bet this would look good if you did (and I may get this spelling totally wrong) zentangles? I've never done it myself, but I always think it looks fun

Stef H said...

i love these books. that's how i started putting colors together - way back when.... when the books were only $3. now they are $9 - $12. sheesh!

have a great week!

hugs :)

Redanne said...

Toni, your colouring with those 10 pens is nothing short of amazing! I particularly love the gorgeous poppies - you really have been a busy bee! Hugs, Anne xx