Followers

Monday 3 August 2015

I'm a...

...happy bunny!

On Friday, a branch of "The Works" opened in Stratford where I work - yippee!!!

(I can hear the groan from the bank manager already LOL)

I recently had an email from The Works containing a survey to find out why I hadn't been into one of their stores recently. In 2013 I was visiting Chelmsford & Southend regularly to cover the offices at those locations - both have great branches of The Works and I was a regular customer. The nearest branch to my home address is in Basildon. I have never found it to be a particularly good store and Basildon is not a shopping area I visit very often. So this is what I said in the survey and also asked why there wasn't a branch in Stratford.

Lo & behold, a couple of days later signage for a branch in the Stratford shopping centre appeared on one of the empty units and on Friday it had its grand opening.

The store has quite a large selection of craft stuff and a very nice large section of adult colouring goodies. Armed with my 20% off voucher for completing the survey, I made my purchases (note to self; books are heavy so don't buy too many at once and then wonder why you are struggling to get them home on the train LOL).

I wanted to get stuck in straight away during my lunch break but the markers I bought bleed through and this design has another printed on the other side of the page...
 ...so I dug out my Distress Markers when I got home and continued to play...
 ...I wanted the whole thing to be just greens & blues...
...and there is a good selection of both in the Distress Marker collection.

I sat in the sunshine over at Barleylands on Saturday and finished it off.

I'm looking forward to a week of taking things easy and just playing around with my craft stuff. Let's hope Mother Nature is kind and provides some nice sunny days................................................

4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely when a new shop opens and I buy a few things from there. The weather should be good this week so have fun x

Sandra said...

I so wish we had a Works close by ... doesn't it make you happy when things work out like this. Have fun shopping x

Lori said...

Looks like you're having fun! Sounds like "The Works" might be a very cool place!

aussie aNNie said...

Wow this is cool and happy shopping...x{aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}