Followers

Tuesday 10 January 2012

What do you do...

...when you can't think of any ideas for cards?

Make a minibook of course...

I've been struggling for a few days to think of some ideas for making cards and returning to work Monday doesn't seem to have helped the motivation...so I thought I'd just have a play and this is what I came up with...
...a little BIA bound 6x6 inch minibook. I've only made the basic book but it was fun using up bits and pieces from my stash.
A little bit of decorative border punching - this one is from EK success (not sure what it is called) - and a fair bit of distress inking.
Some torn paper pockets to tuck stuff into.
Some PP matts with rounded corners.
A bit more border punching...
...and a bit of fancy frame work.

All fairly simple and straight forward with the punching, matts and pockets being repeated again to create a suitable number of pages. I will add more trims and embellies once I have decided what photos I'm going to use but for the time being it was just nice to get something made.

Think I'll get the knitting needles out and make a couple more scarves - that might help to spark the old imagination a bit...............................

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Glorious book Toni, I am starting to get serious withdrawl symptoms from paper crafting, too much hook and wool lately! Did not stop me having a little spend last week, the goodies arrived today, so I might just get tempted to play soon!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cute! So now you have your first Christmas present ready! :D

Virginia said...

Oh Toni it's lovely!

CLaire said...

Lovely book.... you give me so many ideas..and so many things i would love to try....
Hope work is going ok...

Sandra said...

Oohh I like :) makes me want o get my bind it out and dust it off :)

Vicky said...

This is fabulous sweetie I keep meaning to make books aw well, hubster even brought me a bind it all quite a while ago which I've still not used..... I need a good sharp kick up the rear me thinks lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

The Crafty Elf said...

Oh! Now this is fabulous! My plan for this year is to make some albums and I'm pretty excited. I just hope I follow through on my plan now, I can get sidetracked.