Followers

Wednesday 25 July 2007

We've only just begun...

...the summer holidays that is and already I'm stressed and moving towards "kill mode".

All this from someone who doesn't even have kids...!!!

This morning's journey to work wasn't too bad - just the normal rush hour crowding. Not many kids in evidence **obviously as it wasn't a school day one couldn't expect them to be up & out at such an un-godly hour...8am, LOL** but by the time I arrived at Stratford (9.10am ish) many had struggled out of their beds and were running riot in the shopping centre. Needless to say I grabbed my Starbucks latte and headed for work at a very rapid rate of knots.

Today was the annual Bowls competition at work and unfortunately, for the first time in years, rain stopped play :o( However, before the heavens opened and brought play to a soggy halt we had already had the pleasure (???????) of a group of unruly brats making a nuisance of themselves and one of the organisors had to insist that they left the 'green'. This resulted in very pleasant taunts and cat-calls through the hedge from the little darlings, hurumf.

So, not the best of days...but more was yet to come.

I arrived at West Ham station in time to get a 'through' train that would take me all the way home without having to change, yippee - the bad news was that it was packed and there were tons of kids everywhere... Even worse, they were not being supervised as the two Mum's responsible for the largest group were more interested in having a natter. If that little brat in the seat next to the aisle where I was standing had kicked me one more time (he and his 2 brothers were trying to wrestle each other whilst crammed into two seats), I swear, I was ready to kick him back.

I think everyone let out a huge sigh of relief when this hoard left the train two stops later.

How long have they been off so far? three days...groan...not sure I'm going to make it to the end of the holidays without doing someone some serious damage if today's journey is an example of what is yet to come...

No comments: