Followers

Sunday 8 July 2012

Love it or...

...hate it - the UK is in the grips of Olympic fever.

The papers are full of it and even the adverts on the TV are cashing in.

I'm sure many of you have seen the ad for British Airways which is set to the song "London Calling" by the Clash. Very clever how they have made a jet airliner appear to taxi through the London streets.

However, even more clever is this link that was sent to me by email - by clicking on this London Calling link you are taken to a screen where you enter your postcode (only works with the UK postcodes - but you might have a friend here so could try theirs...). Make sure you have the sound on if you want to listen to The Clash but if not it still works in silence. Watch carefully...

...the ad will play but at some point during the process you will be taken down your street.

I've tried it with my postcode, my Mum's and some friends and although I didn't get to see the houses where we live, it was clear that I was going down those roads.

I tried my work postcode and not only did I see my office but also got to see the building site next door LOL

Just a bit of fun but go on - have a play..................................

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I was just commenting yesterday to my husband, I've seen NO advertising for the Olympics yet. Usually the U.S. is inundated with ads and misty-eyed reporters telling us the struggle of our athletes to get where they are today. But, not a word yet! I'm sure it's coming, but they must be concentrating the spending over a shorter period of time.

LIke your blog! Your writing is very fun to read!

Jenny1676 said...

That British Airways link is very cool!!

Sue Jones said...

Ha Ha Brill :)